Who we are
Our website address is: https://literacytrust.wlve.co.uk.
- White Label Virtual Events (WLVE) (a MyRace entity) adheres to regulations and guidance of The Charities Act 1992 positioning ourselves as a “Commercial Participator”.
- Entrants take part in WLVE virtual events entirely at their own risk and are 100% responsible for selecting a safe route to run. Entrants should wear hi-viz clothing when running in low light conditions and take care around traffic or when running off road. WLVE and the charities it supports accept no responsibility for any accidents or injuries sustained whilst taking part in a WLVE virtual event.
- Children are welcome to take part in WLVE events but should be accompanied and closely supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- By entering a WLVE event, you are accepting that WLVE will contact you to confirm your entry and keep you updated on the progress of your order. In addition, you will be added to the WLVE mailing list to receive updates on future events, medals & charities. You can unsubscribe from the WLVE mailing list at any time.
- After completing your virtual race you must upload a run details photo to your profile. Without a run details photo you will not have completed your virtual race and so will not receive the finisher’s medal and goody bag. If you experience any difficulties creating or uploading a run details photo, contact the WLVE team.
- If you do not submit run evidence within the event timelines, we will send your medal and goody bag to you.
- WLVE virtual events are not competitive events and as such, there will be no winner of each event.
- WLVE will be free to use any evidence images or uploads to our social channels for any purpose.
- You are entitled to a refund if you are not 100% satisfied with your medal or the service you have received. In the case of a refund:
- WLVE must receive written notice of your refund request within 7 calendar days of your receipt of the medal and goody bag at firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds can be given after this period has elapsed.
- The medal must be returned to WLVE in secure, protective packaging at your own expense. Once we have received the medal we will refund the full cost less a £2.50 administration fee.
- Please contact us at email@example.com and we will provide our mailing address.
MyRace Virtual Racing Ltd (MyRace) is a virtual events company registered in England and Wales with the company number 10811932. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any applicable replacement legislation, the data controller is MyRace, whose address is 25 The Street, Wrecclesham, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 4PP.
- Information we collect.
For the purposes of GDPR, when entering a MyRace virtual event, you are entering into a contract with MyRace. We collect personally identifiable information about you when you enter a MyRace event, such as your full name, email address, billing address, shipping address and phone number. When purchasing an entry into a MyRace event, our third-party payment services (PayPal & Stripe) will collect your payment information. This payment information is managed by PayPal and Stripe and we do not have access to it.
As part of the event completion process you are also expected to upload images of the activities you have completed (run evidence).
- How we use your information.
We use the information we collect to identify you as a participant in a MyRace event. We require your shipping address in order to send you your event medal and goody bag. We require a phone number in case we need to contact you about your event entry. We require your email address in order to send you an entry confirmation and then a medal dispatched notification.
We may need to send you occasional event related emails, such as instructions on how to gather and upload your run evidence, however we will not send marketing or promotional emails unless you have asked to receive these.
- How we share your information.
MyRace will not share or sell your personal information with any individual or organisation.
- How long we store your information for.
The information we collect is stored for a period of 24 months from your last event entry, after which it is permanently deleted. If you have asked to receive marketing emails from MyRace, we will continue to send you these, until you unsubscribe from our mailing list.
- Your right to erasure.
You can request at any time that we delete your information from our stored data. This can be requested through the ‘Contact Us’ page on the MyRace website which can be accessed HERE. We will respond to all requests for erasure within 14 days of receipt.
Questions & Complaints
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.